How To Visit Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve, Sky Oaks Field Station, and Fortuna Mountain Research Reserve
Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve, Sky Oaks Field Station, and Fortuna Mountain Research Reserve are available for research and education purposes. SDSU Field Stations Program manages all visits to these reserves, and access is granted in accordance with the mission of Field Stations Program.
To visit, please:
- Review these important documents:
- Complete an online Visitor Application. You will be notified within 10 business days whether the application has been approved.
- Once your application is approved, immediately complete and submit a General Release Form or, if the visit is an official SDSU Field Trip, complete and submit a SDSU Field Trip Release Form.
- Two days prior to visiting a reserve, please contact Pablo Bryant at email@example.com or 619-507-0944 (mobile) to confirm your visit. Please contact Pablo Bryant prior to EACH visit, even if you visited recently.
- If visiting Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve, print, complete and display the SMER Vehicle Permit on your vehicle’s dashboard at all times while on the reserve.
NOTICE: All visitors must submit a Vistor Application. SDSU FSP may revoke visitation privileges of any visitor who enters a reserve without an approved Vistor Application or fails to adhere to Reserve Use Regulations, Reserve Use Fee Schedule, and FSP Data Policy.
How To Visit Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve (TRNERR):
SDSU Field Stations Program does not manage access to TRNERR. Please contact the TRNERR to plan your visit.